Monday, August 25, 2008

Dear Hillary Clinton

The media seems to be reveling in the idea that there is an ongoing conflict between Obama and the Clintons that could put a damper on the DNC convention. I wonder how much of this conflict is real and how much of the controversy has been manufactured by the media. Aside from Maureen Dowd's imagined conversations (which I can't say I don't enjoy), I wonder if the Clinton's truly want to throw the baby out with the bath water and wreck havoc on Obama's chance at the presidency. I understand Hillary Clinton has some seriously fierce supporters (who I think are crazy to vote for McCain out of spite), but personally I don't think that is what the Clintons want. In spite of the power and the money and dare I saw CELEBRITY afforded to the Clintons in the past few decades I have a hard time believing that they intend to throw the DNC and their principles under the bus.

I am taking the Obama-Clinton convention controversy with a grain of salt. And Hillary Clinton, if you're out there surfing the web for obscure political blogs, I just want you to know that I think you should come out with your own line of attack ads against John McCain. It's your chance to bring a grenade to a knife fight, it's your chance to remind people not to mess with the Clintons in a way the DNC could appreciate.

No comments: